www.umaentertainment.com and those websites affiliated with its properties, productions and subsidiaries (the “Websites”) are operated by UMA Entertainment Group Ltd (“UMA“, “we”, “our” or “us“) of 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX.
UMA is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want your use of the UMA Websites to be safe and enjoyable. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon ordering a product or service from us: if you order a product or service from us, you will need to provide certain personal details so that the order can be fulfilled. In some cases, we will direct you to a third party partner site which will collect this information from you and fulfill your order.
Email communications: we may decide to use software in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. If you open an email from us, we can see which of the pages of our website you visited. We will not store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources (e.g. missing information about your postal or email addresses) and add it to the personal information we hold about you.
3. How we use the information that we collect
We own the information we collect through this website. We will use it, as applicable, to:
- provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered;
- contact you regarding your registered account with us;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
- monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website
- customise the advertising and content that you see
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
- send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
Please note that if you upload or post any information to a public part of the Websites, we may use it in accordance with our terms and conditions of use and it may be viewed and used by others. UMA accepts no responsibility for this.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us:
(b) processing your sensitive personal data, such as health data (if provided); and
(c) transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for these purposes.
4. Who we may share your personal information with
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders sending emails, website analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Collection Societies: We collect information from you relating to your use of the UMA Media, in particular the artists and titles of songs streamed, as required by the relevant royalty collection societies. While the artists and the names of the songs streamed will be forwarded to the collection societies, your personal information will not be forwarded to the collection societies or associated with any particular song or songs.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Group Companies: UMA is a group of companies and we will only share your personal information with our group companies if you have elected to receive marketing information from them which may be of interest to you. They will only be permitted by us to use it for the purpose of providing you with the marketing information you have requested. The use of your personal information by our group companies will be subject to their own privacy policies and practices. If you do not want to receive marketing information from our group companies you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing email@example.com, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive.
Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: we may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the website or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on the the website. Advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
5. Maintenance and storage of information
6. Links to other websites
In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Neither UMA nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website including any of your information.
8. A note for parents concerning privacy
This website is a general audience website. On the website, we do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children on the App and/or the website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary.
9. Policy changes
10. Questions about the website and the information we hold about you
You can contact the UMA team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at email@example.com. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
This document was last updated on 20 October 2020.